Originally created for Old Dominion University, 5th Quarter is a program for coaches and student athletes, based around the concept of preparing students for life, otherwise known as the “5th Quarter”. Coaches will be trained to identify when a student athlete is caught up in a form of an urban crisis and will offer solutions they can use to prevent or address an athlete’s involvement in crime, drugs, or gangs.
In this program, student athletes will:
- Gain an understanding of the power of culture
- Gain hands-on information on how to avoid problems within the community
- Gain an understanding of the challenge of the “divided loyalties syndrome,” Street vs. Team
- Gain solutions to the “divided loyalties syndrome” that can be implemented off the court and within the community
- Be provided resources and places to turn if they are involved in crime, drugs, or gang activity
For more information, please contact us.